Becoming a Donor
- Give us a call at 407-248-5050 to begin your phone screening! This only takes a few minutes and includes a short health and lifestyle questionnaire.
- Then we will send you a donor screening packet that will include a more detailed health and lifestyle questionnaire and consent forms.
- We will contact your primary care physician during pregnancy and pediatrician to obtain medical clearance to confirm that both mother and baby are healthy enough to donate.
- Once we receive both medical clearance forms we will send you information about completing a blood test at no cost to you.
- Finally, you will be sent a donor number that you will need to write on each bag or bottle of milk that you plan to donate.
- The milk bank will provide depots near you where you can drop off your precious donation or send you cooler boxes that you will ship to us through FedEx at no cost to you.
- You must be in excellent health and your baby no older than one-year-old.
- You must be a non-smoker.
- Milk must not be frozen longer than 8 months in a deep freezer and no longer than 5 months in a regular freezer.
- There should be no cost to you for donating your milk. Your time pumping your milk for donation is greatly appreciated and a huge gift to tiny babies at risk.
To read more about donating milk, who receives donor milk, and how the milk is processed click here!